Join the IIBB-CSIC in celebrating the International Day of Women and Girls in Science!
Do you want to know what women scientists working in the field of biomedical research do first-hand? This is your opportunity, come and meet our researchers!
The Equality Commission of the Institute for Biomedical Research of Barcelona (IIBB-CSIC), made up by Anna Moles, Albert Morales, Unai Sarriés and Leo Márquez, is delighted to invite you to participate in the symposium "Professional opportunities with a gender perspective in biomedical research" where we will address issues such as the scientific vocation, the gender gap, the glass ceiling, the representation of women in leadership positions and personal conciliation.
The day will include the testimonies of five speakers and a round table. The talks will be given by the following researchers:
- Mª Ángeles Muñoz, laboratory technician of the research group “Cell damage and Regeneration in abdominal organs”.
- Paloma Ruiz, predoctoral fellow of the research group “Tissue remodelling, fibrosis and cancer”.
- Sandra Torres, postdoctoral researcher of the research group “Mithocondrial Regulation of Cell Death” research group.
- Montserrat Marí, principal investigator and group leader of the research group “Signaling in Cell Damage and Cancer”.
- Roser Cortés, director of Institute for Biomedical Research of Barcelona (IIBB-CSIC).
The objective of the conference is to highlight the work of our female researchers, promote scientific vocations and raise awareness about gender dimension issues in the field of biomedical research, providing practical tools based on the experience of other women.
When and where?
February 13th from 11:00-12:30 in the Esteve Auditorium of the Center Esther Koplowitz.
C/Roselló 153. 08036. Barcelona.
Free admission with limited seats. If you are interested in attending, please contact us to reserve your place at: firstname.lastname@example.org